Midnight Commander is a directory browsing and file manipulation program that provides a flexible, powerful, and convenient set of file and directory operations. It is capable of running in either a console or an xterm under X11; mouse support is native under X11 and is provided by the gpm mouse server when used in a Linux console. A sophisticated Virtual File System (VFS) supports directory-like browsing and file operations for a variety of common archive formats as well as FTP and network connections. Its basic operation is easily mastered by the novice while providing a rich feature set and extensive customization. Its stability, ease of use, flexibility, and rich feature set make it quite a powerful tool. Its simplicity makes it easy for novices to quickly master the basics.
- Home Page: http://www.midnight-commander.org/
- Downloads: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
- Documentation: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/doc
- Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Commander
- GitHub: https://github.com/MidnightCommander/mc