VirtualBox may be installed on a number of host operating systems, including: Linux, OS X, Windows, Solaris, and OpenSolaris. There are also ports to FreeBSD and Genode. It supports the creation and management of guest virtual machines running versions and derivations of Windows, Linux, BSD, OS/2, Solaris, Haiku, OSx86 and others, and limited virtualization of OS X guests on Apple hardware. For some guest operating systems, a “Guest Additions” package of device drivers and system applications is available which typically improves performance, especially of graphics. It is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while Oracle ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
- Home Page: https://www.virtualbox.org/
- Downloads: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Documentation: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Documentation
- Forum: https://forums.virtualbox.org/
- Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualBox